This monograph reconceptualises discrimination law as fundamentally concerned with stigma using sociological and socio psychological theories of stigma the author presents an anti stigma principle promoting it as a method to determine the scope of legal protection from discrimination the anti . Discrimination law forbids making certain decisions on certain grounds say denying someone a job because she is a woman or because she is black or the like. The anti stigma principle recognises the role of institutional and individual action in the perpetuation of discrimination setting discrimination law within the field of public health it frames positive action and intersectional discrimination as the norm in this field of law rather than the exception in developing and applying this new
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.