Her review of black american students in an affluent suburb by john u ogbu study of academic disengagement and closing the achievement and opportunity gap. Black american students in an affluent suburb has 37 ratings and 5 reviews alexander said black american students in an affluent suburb is a level head. Employing ethnographic traditions ogbu examined the academic experiences of black american students in shaker heights ohio an affluent suburb of cleveland. This book addresses the black white achievement gap from an ethnographic qualitative perspective by focusing on middle class black students and documenting their . Black american students in an affluent suburb a study of academic disengagement by john u ogbu with the assistance of astrid davis mahwah nj lawrence erlbaum
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.